Receptionist – Job Description
Receptionists are usually the very first point of contact with whom clients and employees will be interacting when contacting an organization. Their main duty is to greet visitors and show them to the person best suited to assist them. They also address clients and employees’ phone and in-person inquiries, schedule and confirm appointments, and answer information requests.
In some cases, especially in smaller companies, the Receptionist’s tasks may overlap with those of the administrative assistant which is why they may also take care of some Human Resources tasks (e.g. accounting and logistics).
- Greeting, informing, and directing visitors and employees.
- Handling all incoming and outgoing mail, calls, emails, and faxes.
- Scheduling appointments and meetings.
- Performing searches and providing information.
- Managing customer inquiries.
- Drafting and distributing office memos and correspondence.
- Filing and organizing paper and electronic documents, such as emails, invoices, reports, and other administrative records.
- Ensuring reception and other common areas are clean and organized.
ONE MORE THING:
If you like this template and you would like me to post more templates like this one on this blog for free, please check out the about page for details on how you can be part of the movement and support the work I do.