Civil Engineer – Job Description
A Civil Engineer oversees the construction, repair, and maintenance of buildings and other infrastructures (e.g. bridges, roads, railways, tunnels, and even sewage systems). Most Civil Engineers work for engineering and construction firms, although they can also be found in many other industries.
Civil Engineering can be divided into two general categories: consulting and contracting. Consulting Civil Engineers are responsible for designing the project alongside the architect, while Contracting Civil Engineers are in charge of creating the structure itself.
- Carrying out a thorough analysis of the project’s specifications, along with the survey data.
- Establishing the project’s agenda and guidelines.
- Estimating the cost of the project, including materials, equipment, and labour.
- Determining and acquiring the necessary construction materials, equipment, and tools.
- Using computer-aided design (CAD) software to plan and design different systems and to ensure compliance with the applicable regulations.
- Overseeing and guiding construction activities to ensure they meet the client’s requirements.
ONE MORE THING:
If you like this template and you would like me to post more templates like this one on this blog for free, please check out the about page for details on how you can be part of the movement and support the work I do.